Enjoy online gambling for the great hobby that it is, but just make sure you're aware of early warning signs of gambling addiction.
Gambling responsibly: Gambling online can be great fun. Many people gamble for years without ever encountering any problems. You should be aware, however, that gambling can be addictive.
Familiarize yourselves with the early signs of problem gambling to ensure your harmless pastime never encroaches on other areas of your life.
Have a read of the following warning signals that indicate your gambling habit may be getting out of control:
The Warning signs
1. Your thoughts are dominated by gambling, nothing else seems to matter.
2. You constantly feel stressed and gambling is the only way of feeling more relaxed.
3. Your family and friends are becoming a burden, interfering with the time you have to gamble.
4. You feel on top of the world after a big win but crushed after losing.
5. Your finances are spinning out of control, borrowing more money to gamble instead of working back the money you have lost.
If you can identify with any of the following problem indicators above then it's definitely time to take a break from gambling. It may also be advisable to seek professional help. Visit our Directory section for organisations that specialize in helping people with problem gambling issues.